Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Mother of the Bride Book


I still remember growing up, hearing Butterfly Kisses by Bob Carlisle would always get me tearing up. It was a daddy-daughter song, all about the love shared between a little girl and her daddy. Since dancing with your father is part of wedding tradition, over time many such daddy-daughter wedding songs have been written. 

I can't tell you how bad I cried the first time I heard this song:


Leave it to Carrie Underwood to so perfectly capture a moment that was missing for so many brides- that special connection that the bride has with her mother.

I so look up to and respect my own mother. Becoming a mother myself continually teaches me just how much she has done for me. Honestly, I wish on my wedding day I could have given my mother a parting gift like the one featured in this song. It's definitely a regret of mine that I didn't take the time to recognize just how much my parents, and especially my mother, had done for me.

You, dear bride-to-be, don't have to worry about these regrets. Mother-of-the-bride books are not just for the famous- they are for your mama. Take the time to select a few pictures from your childhood that feature you with your mother and combine them in a book- even just a small photo album will make your own mama smile.

Not sure you have any good photos of you and your mom from growing up? For various reasons, you may opt to include more recent photos of you with your mama.

How about including her in your bridal photos? This is really such a fun idea, most moms attend the bridal shoot for sentimental or logistic purposes anyway, why not ask her to dress up and get in a few of your bridal shots with you? This would help the two of you further connect as you prepare for your big day and the pictures will honestly become quick family favorites.



If you're not sure where to get started on honoring the Mother-of-the-bride, use the contact form to shoot me a quick message. I'd love to give you some inspiration!

Love you Mama!

No comments:

Post a Comment